This is an exciting opportunity to join our Luxembourg Branch in the Accounting Team.
Handelsbanken Luxembourg Branch started its activities in 1978 and is part of Handelsbanken Global Banking. We support the Bank’s customers in the core markets with their international business. The Branch core business is Private banking and mortgage lending in Spain, Portugal and France.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will report in to the Head of Accounting, Luxembourg.
The role requires extensive experience in accounting, in particular with providing clear accounting information to the management of the Luxembourg Branch as well as to the Head Office in Sweden; and local and Swedish authorities. There is also the requirement to develop new ways of recording and reporting information in order to streamline the department and create efficiencies within the team and the Branch.
The key responsibilities are the following:
- Legal reporting to authorities, both in Luxembourg, France and Sweden
- Reporting to the Head Office in Sweden
- Management reporting
- VAT declarations
- Developing efficiencies within the department
- Creating new reports and programmes
- Upskilling colleagues
- General accounting duties
The position offers a great opportunity to develop in an international environment and to build-up a strong network of contacts. The successful applicant will also have the chance to enhance and develop their ability to analyse and streamline the accounting function as well as contribute to the success of the overall objectives of the Luxembourg Branch through their work.
Requirements / Qualifications
The successful candidate must be fluent in English and French (Swedish language is a bonus). The role will require regular contact and interaction with the Accounts Team based in the Head Office in Stockholm.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English and French
- Relevant qualification in Accounting with experience in a similar banking environment
- Highly computer literate and proficient in all Office tools including Access
- IBIS knowledge essential
- Knowledge of Onestream consolidation tool
- Knowledge on Invoke tools (MDE, Explore, FAS)
- Knowledge of IFRS regulations
- High attention to detail
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
Joanne Mackie, email@example.com
Blasieholmstorg 11 106 70 Stockholm